Award-winning indie author and poet Michael Botur will be delivering a down-to-earth workshop to introduce youth to fiction writing.
When: Thursday 14th January 2021, 10am-12.30pm
Where: The Artery @ The Incubator, Historic Village, Tauranga.
Cost: Free entry for youth; koha (donation) for others
Registration is essential – please RSVP to Mike@michaelboturwriter.com.
Read all about it at: NZ Short Stories.com
Thanks to Creative Bay of Plenty and TECT for sponsoring the event.
The workshop looks at
– Why fiction writing is an art form that will change your life for the better
– How to capture inspiration on the page
– How to know you’ve got good or bad writing in front of you
– What to do next with your writing – publish digitally, on paper or even audio and video
Whangarei-based Botur is author of several acclaimed short story collections and young adult novel ‘Moneyland’ which has gained a cult following on the world’s largest publishing platform for teenagers, Wattpad – a site which has 65 million unique visitors per month. Botur will teach Bay of Plenty rangatahi about how creative writing is one of the most accessible and most rewarding art forms available to you – and something you can get into over summer.
The workshop will include an introduction to online publishing platforms Medium.com, Smashwords, Createspace, Wattpad, Bookfunnel and Goodreads, YouTube, Webnovel, Facebook and more.
Note: Michael Botur other Tauranga poetry and writing workshop dates:
- ‘Loudmouth’ poetry performance plus open mic and local poet Jay Fitton – Thursday January 14 – 7-9pm, The Jam Factory
- Creative Writing Workshop – ‘Take your writing off the page’ Sunday January 17 – 2pm-4pm, Greerton Library
- Second poetry performance – date and venue TBC – guest poet Dhaivat Mehta. Details at https://nzshortstories.com/news/
RSVPs are essential – register via https://nzshortstories.com/news/