Business and management decisions rely heavily on a sound understanding of the financial implications to the business. This full day workshop gives you the power to understand your business finances and hold confident discussions about them, without resorting to accountant speak.
It is aimed at anyone non-financial who wishes to develop an understanding of finance and financial language. It aims to demystify accounting and finance so that attendees can understand basic business accounts.
Topics will include:
- basic financial terminology
- how money works in a business and how it is accounted for
- how businesses raise money
- key accounting concepts
- the difference between profit and cash flow
- understanding financial statements, including balance sheet and profit and loss
- budgeting in the context of business planning
- fundamentals of operational and cash budgets
- forecasting techniques.
At this stage this workshop is planned be delivered in 3 sessions of 2 hours each, over Zoom in an informal and relaxed manner. The sessions follow a facilitator-led format, with a range of interactive activities.
There will be a maximum of 16 attendees per workshop and delivery dates are as follows:
- June 17 10:30am – 12:30pm
- June 18 10:30am – 12:30pm
- June 19 10:30am – 12:30pm
Facilitated by Charlie Dalton, Zest Training
Please note as this is a webinar you will need a laptop that has access to wifi. Webinar access details will be sent out to registrants closer to the time of the webinar.
Presenter: Charlie Dalton, Zest Training